Vision & Mission
Goals and Performance
Commitment & Values
OFSTED Report 2012
Thinking of Employing an Apprentice?
Health & Safety
Trade & Logistics
Office Based Skills
Business Improvement Techniques
Commercial & ECITB Courses
Our Commitment to IAG
I.A.G Statement of Service
Access to Apprenticeships at MECNW
Meet the Team
Term Times 2012/13
Shutdown Dates for your Diary 2012/13
Vacancies at MECNW
Manual Metal Arc
Welding Qualification Service
Oxy-Acetylene Gas Cutting Training
Tungsten Inert Gas Welding (TIG)
MIG / MAG / F.C.A.W.
A WARM WELCOME TO THE MARITIME AND ENGINEERING COLLEGE NORTH WEST (MECNW)
Formerly known as the Laird Foundation, and now part of Mersey Maritime Group (MMG), MECNW has operated since 1998 as a centre of vocational excellence for the Maritime, Engineering, Manufacturing and related sectors.
The college has a very successful record of delivering high quality training services for both learners and employers including Apprenticeships, Workforce Development and other government-funded programmes; enjoying strong partnerships with several high profile manufacturing and maritime companies as well as key public sector bodies.
MECNW boasts a stunning 6500m2 of purpose-built riverside premises next to the Cammell Laird shipyard in Birkenhead and features state-of-the-art workshops, classrooms, IT suites, offices and conference facilities, as well as its own operational dry dock.
Core Services Include:
* Adult Apprenticeships
* Adult Skills
* Supervisory Management Training
* Bespoke Training
* Employers 'Pre-Empolyment' trade testing for engineering applicants
* Port & Trade training and accredited qualifications
* Conference Facilities
* Ofsted Inspection Grade 2 with FIVE Outstanding Grade 1's contributory grades
* 90% Advanced Apprenticeship Success Rate
* Setting industry standards for apprenticeship first year off the job training (ECITB)
* Listed on QIA best practice database for health and safety, and for equality and diversity flash cards learning aids and Mentoring younge engineers
* Operating a first class mentoring programme for specialising apprentices in readiness for shipyard operations
* For employers, MECNW can offer funded support for relevant training they may require for their existing workforce through a mix of available funding options.
LIKE US on facebook and see our latest photos and regular updates from MECNW
See more information and gallery on our events page
ELECTRICAL TRAINING WORKSHOP
This brand new 250m2 facility has been designed and equipped to the highest industry standards to support the launch of new electrical training courses.
Click here for more information...
For more information on mecnw, please contact our customer service team on 0151 666 1028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please view our Apprentice Information flyer and our Course Information sheet.